Art Contest for Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival
The Astoria-Warrenton Chamber is seeking artwork / graphic design to use in promotional materials for the Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival.
The annual Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival offers great coastal cuisine, arts and crafts, wine tasting and more! Held on the final, full weekend of April, this event takes place at the Clatsop County Fair & Expo located in Astoria, Oregon and draws 10,000 attendees to this 3-day event. More info at astoriacrabfest.com.
Submit a design proposal the Astoria-Warrenton Chamber Area of Commerce by February 26th to have your artwork considered. The selected artist will be awarded $400 for use of their art.
The graphic design will be used on merchandise such as T-shirts and sweatshirts, but may also be used in promotional materials (poster, event program, advertising).
Art Submission Terms and Conditions:
- Art will primarily be used on a T-shirt, so consideration will be given for designs that translate well to this medium. The art may also be used on aprons, sweatshirts, posters, note cards and other promotional or retail items.
- The event logo may be incorporated into art design submissions, but is not required.
- The art design can be standalone or include front, back and sleeve of shirt.
- The selected artist gives permission to the Chamber to use the art freely in promotion of the Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood and Wine Festival in 2024 and future years.
- Submitted artwork must be your original creation. We do intend that the art be the product of an artist directly, and not AI generated or AI assisted.
- Artists may submit up to three entries per person.
- Contest is open to amateur and professional artists and designers.
- Artwork can be submitted with date and event info if you choose, but we require a text free copy of the artwork.
- Our T-shirt printer may need to manipulate the art for best printing results.
- Selection of the 2024 Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival Artwork will be determined by a committee of Chamber staff and board members. The applicants will be notified of this decision by EOD March 4, 2024.
- The selected artist will be paid $400 for use of their design. Artist bio will appear on the 2024 Festival program, the Festival website and social media, and other promotional materials as space allows.
- Art that is not selected for this year is considered for future years. Artist will be compensated $400 at that time.
- By submitting a design, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Chamber and their respective employees, officers, directors, sponsors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities, including but not limited to the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
- The Chamber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should an external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. The Chamber reserves the right to not select a winner if no entries are deemed appropriate.
Entries must be submitted in digital format. Please save the image at a resolution that will enable us to zoom in to see details during judging, but the file size must not exceed 5MB.
File formats: pdf, png or jpg.
If selected, a larger, higher-resolution version will be requested. We may request a copy of the native file, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. for our printer’s use.
Include the contact info and bio with your art at the time of submission, including:
- Artist name (to be shared publicly)
- Artist website and/or social media links (to be shared publicly)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Artist Biography (less than 200 words, please)
This information may be reprinted when announcing and recognizing the winning artist in our event program, website, etc. We welcome information about your art background, participation in the Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival, etc.
All entries are due to the Chamber no later than Noon on Monday, February 26, 2024.
Artwork should be submitted to:
Astoria Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Regina Willkie
Mailing address: PO Box 176, Astoria, OR 97103
Physical address: 111 W. Marine Dr., Astoria OR
Email to: email@example.com
By submitting work and accepting the award, entrants acknowledge the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce right to reproduce images of their work on all mediums, and showcase the winner on festival-related websites, social media, print materials and related.