Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Banquet
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
You are invited to the 150th Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting and Banquet on Saturday, January 28th, sponsored by Pacific Power at the Clatsop County Fair & Expo Center Exhibit Hall.
The chamber is excited to be celebrating its Sesquicentennial this year...that’s 150 years! We think “Sesquicentennial” is a mouthful so we prefer to say, “Sasquatchcentennial”. This year’s theme, We Believe, is inspired by this word. After all, sasquatch believes in you! So have fun with this year’s theme at the Annual Banquet and show us what you believe in.
AWACC is proud to have the opportunity to serve our business community since 1873 and we look forward to many more years promoting and supporting our growing list of members. This year’s theme is also inspired by the chamber’s mission, vision and purpose. We believe: This should be a place where everyone can find meaningful opportunity in our economy without our community losing its special identity. The Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce is the consistent catalyst that drives those opportunities.
Help us say thank you to our outgoing board members, welcome our new ones and recap the chamber’s past year. We’ll round out the event with the much-anticipated announcements of the community service awards recipients, including the George and Ford Awards and other recognitions. We hope you will celebrate with us on January 28th!
Business casual attire or costumes are welcome. Have fun with this year's theme and show us what you believe in!
Thank you to our presenting sponsor:
Annual Meeting & Banquet
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Location: Clatsop County Fair & Expo Center (Exhibit Hall) 92937 Walluski Loop, Astoria, OR
Registration: $50 - SOLD OUT
includes dinner catered by
Bridgewater Bistro and one raffle ticket.
4:30 p.m. - Doors open.
6 p.m. - Presentations & dinner service begins.
Raffle Drawings During the Event
We will once again have a great selection of raffle prizes featuring a variety of donations from your fellow members. Raffle tickets can be purchased at time of registration. If you forgot to grab them or decide you want more, you can purchase them in person at the event. Prize drawings will be held during the Annual Meeting and Banquet on January 28, 2023.
Raffle tickets: $1 each, 12 for $10 and 25 for $20
Raffle prizes have been donated by:
List and photos reflect those items received as of Jan 24.
Member Business/Organization - Item Description (approx. retail value)
- Yummy Lu's, Mess Hall Market and The MENAGERIE at Pier 39 - a trio of gift bags full of goodies. ($92)
- WWEST Communications - gift basket featuring $125 gift certificate to Pickled Fish restaurant in Long Beach with coffee cups, hat, patch and more. ($200)
- Tongue Point Job Corps - student creations including wooden toolbox, wooden birdhouse, wooden plant stand, cement yard ornament/flower pots, glass terrariums ($tbd)
- Ten Fifteen Productions - 2023 season tickets for two. ($250)
- Rosebriar Mansion and Fire Station Yoga - 10 class pass with yoga beginner's kit and wine picnic basket set and more. ($300)
- Mo's Restaurant Astoria - Gift certificate for dinner for two, wine, taffy and Mo's swag. ($tbd)
- Lucy's Books - Fairy Tale themed basket. ($105)
- Lloyd Hotel Astoria Bayfront - A basket of goodies to help you relax including a stay in king jacuzzi room. ($300)
- Lewis and Clark Bank - Gift basket with wine, soap, candy and more. ($65)
- Judith P. Niland Art Creations - Sun disk art ($15)
- Holly McHone Jewelers - $250 gift certificate with cleaning supplies and more. ($309)
- Hampton Lumber - Four metal art gnomes by Going Crazy Custom Creations. ($tbd)
- Gaetano's Market & Deli - Gift basket of Italian treats. ($100)
- Fine Art Supply - $50 gift certificate. ($50)
- Country Financial Sheryl Teuscher - Two gift boxes packed with goodies. ($tbd)
- Columbia River Maritime Museum - Crew membership with books and DVD. ($130)
- Astoria Underground Tours - Tour for group of 10 ($350)
- Astoria Column - A giant Bigfoot themed basket. ($tbd)
- Ashriver Woodworks - Maple and epoxy charcuterie board ($225)
- 101 Things to Do Magazines - Two Adventure Gift Packages featuring Salishan Aerial Experience and Collective Store ($150 each)
We Believe … in community sourcing!
With this year’s theme of WE BELIEVE, there are so many fun ways we could take the decorations and we went out to our community to help us set the eclectic scene in the exhibit hall. We are working with Recology on our goal of minimizing waste from this event, so we are carrying this ethos into the decorations, too, by repurposing existing items and bringing in items from our staff, volunteers, and members to keep from buying one-time use items. We believe it will make for a fun night having each table as a new collection of themed items.
Thank you for donations and decorating advice from these businesses and community members:
- West Coast Artisans
- Weird Sisters Freak Boutique
- Warrenton Kiwanis
- Spruce Up Warrenton
- Holly McHone Jewelers
- Hampton Lumber
- Clatsop Community College
- Bloomin Crazy Floral
- Astoria Vintage Hardware
- Mary Davies
- Dorothy Frace
- Randy Harris
- Becky Kraft
- Julie Kovatch
- Tara Johnson
- Loran Mathews
- Shelby Mogenson
- Lisa Morley
- Jeanne Smith
- and our chamber staff!