Volunteers are Rock Stars!
CLICK HERE to view Great Columbia Crossing volunteer opportunities and to sign-up.
ORIENTATION IS FOR PACKET PICK UP VOLUNTEERS ONLY.
We host a volunteer orientation for new and returning Packet Pick Up volunteers on the Wednesday prior the event. During the orientation, Chamber staff members will train you on how to use our participant check-in system and help answer any questions you might have about your volunteering role. All packet pick up volunteers MUST select an orientation time to attend on their application.
- Who: New & returning Packet Pick Up volunteers
- What: Volunteer Orientation
- Where: Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce (Admin Building), 111 W. Marine Drive, Astoria
- When: Wednesday, October 5 – 12:15 p.m. OR 5:15 p.m. (same information presented each time)
- Why: To provide information about your volunteering shift
- Wear comfortable shoes – Many of the volunteer roles require being on your feet some or most of the time.
- Dress for the outdoors – We've seen all different kinds of weather at the Great Columbia Crossing over the years. So our motto is, be prepared! Check the forecast ahead of time and wear layers of clothing to ensure you'll be ready for cold, wet or nice weather.
- Eat before your shift – There’s not always time for a snack break during your volunteer shift, so fill up your tummy ahead of time.
- Check in – If your shift is at the Port of Astoria on race day, please check in with Barbi England.
Perks of Being a Volunteer
As a thank you for giving us some of their time, each of our fantastic volunteers will receive the following:
- 5 Clam Bucks (check out our Clam Bucks Page to see where you can spend them in town)
- Entry into our "Spoil a Volunteer" Drawing for fun prizes (one entry per shift worked)
- 2022 Great Columbia Crossing long-sleeved t-shirt (shown below)
We genuinely appreciate each and every person who volunteers at the Great Columbia Crossing 10K!