Benefits of Chamber Membership
You can join the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce as a Business, Nonprofit Organization or as an Individual
1) YOUR BUSINESS BECOMES A CHAMBER RECOMMENDATION - Our office receives thousands of calls from both local residents and out of town visitors asking us for recommendations for their needs and wants. We only give them Chamber members' information.
2) CHAMBER BUSINESS DIRECTORY - This directory is available online at our website, oldoregon.com. If anyone is looking for a business, service or attraction, they can search for it by name or category on our website. Your landing page on our website, includes a description, logo, photos and links to your website and Facebook page -- and even can feature a short YouTube video. In addition to local interest, statistics show 80% of travelers look up what there is to do and services available before they visit a destination. Our Members Directory on our website tracks the number of unique views your listing receives.
3) YOUR INFORMATION DISPLAYED AT THE CHAMBER - Drop off your 4" x 9” information rack cards or business cards so we can display them in our lobby for local residents and visitors. Members also receive Tear Off Maps & Visitor Guides to help you answer customers' questions about our area.
4) CHAMBER PUBLICATIONS - As a member, you can submit news about your business or new services or products you offer that we will feature in our Weekly Update that is sent by email to about 1,200 subscribers. Or, submit an article, advertisement (for a small fee), flier (for a small fee) or photo for our monthly newsletter, ChamberWorks. You can even sign up to be the ChamberWorks "Member of the Month" and get the whole back cover to share news, specials or whatever you'd like about your business.
5) HELP WITH YOUR EMPLOYMENT NEEDS - We will add any employment posting you have to our Job Postings on our website.
6) CHAMBER MEMBER IDENTIFICATION - You'll receive a Chamber Member decal for your front door as well as a Chamber Member graphic for you to display on your website.
7) NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES - The Chamber has both the Monthly Networking Breakfast and Business After Hours events for you to meet other Chamber members, let them know about your business and build the very important business relationships that make your company grow.
8) CHAMBER NETWORKING BREAKFAST - If you'd like to give the members an update on your industry or your business, you can request to either be the featured speaker (about 20 minutes) or a 5-minute speaker. All who attend the breakfast are invited to stand to introduce themselves, their business and what they do. You can also bring fliers to place on the breakfast tables.
9) YOUR FLIERS IN OUR RELOCATION MAILERS - All Chamber members can include 8 ½" x 11" inserts in our 200 annual relocation mailers (for a small fee).
10) RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY - The Chamber Ambassadors provide this service with ribbon and giant scissors. Chamber members and your city officials are invited to attend the ceremony. The picture and an article on your business will be featured in our Weekly Update that is sent by email to about 1,200 businesses. You can also feature the story and picture on your own website.
11) TAKE PART IN CHAMBER EVENTS - The Chamber hosts several amazing annual events and members can participate in a variety of ways. Donate a prize package or gift basket to the Chamber Annual Meeting & Banquet to showcase your products or services. Get a discount on booth space if you're accepted as a vendor at the Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival. Join the list of businesses participating in the Great Columbia Crossing 10k "Clam Bucks" program and entice racers to visit your shop or restaurant. Become an event sponsor to promote your business as part of our event marketing.
Joining the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce couldn't be easier.
Or, you can fill out the application online, HERE.
Festivals & Events
This intimate event previews many of the wines that will be available at the Crab, Seafood and Wine Festival. Occuring immediately after the official wine competition for the festival, UnWined gives attendees the chance to sample about 140 different wines while eating hors d'oeuvres and listening to live music. Attendees will be the first to learn the winning wines and will select the "People's Choice Award" winner.
Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival
The Chamber produces the annual Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood and Wine Festival, which fills local lodging facilities and brings an early-season gush of business to restaurants and retail establishments of all kinds. Paid attendance ranges from 14,000 to 16,000.
4th of July Fireworks
The Chamber provides the annual 4th of July Fireworks display over the Columbia River on Astoria’s waterfront.
Great Columbia Crossing
The Chamber produces this annual run/walk across the Astoria-Megler Bridge, the only time the bridge is open to foot traffic during the year. This event brings business and fun to the community during the October "shoulder" season. This event is capped at 3,500 participants. The Chamber’s “Clam Bucks” program brought participants in to our member businesses on event weekend.